A flight attendant in China died after reportedly answering her iPhone while it was being charged. The woman, 23-year old Ma Ailun, was charging her iPhone 5 when a call came in. But after she answered it, Ma Ailun collapsed to the floor. She died shortly in hospital.
Apple has launched an investigation into the incident. Ma Ailun'siPhone and its accessories have been handed to Chinese authorities for the investigation.
Meanwhile, Chinese social site Weibo has been flooded with messages and questions about the incident with iPhone owners being warned not to use their mobile phones while it is being recharged. Other messages warned iPhone owners to only use genuine Apple accessories with the cellphones.
According to Ma Ailun's family, her iPhone was purchased only last December at an official Apple store.
'We are deeply saddened to learn of this tragic incident and offer our condolences to the family.
'We will fully investigate and co-operate with authorities in this matter,' said an Apple statement. Adobo Talk PH
Image Credit: Getty Images
Woman Electrocuted After Answering iPhone While Charging - Report
Publisher: Adobo Talk PH Publish Date: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 | 3:26 AM
SHARE THIS STORY:
Speak your mind. Tell us what you're thinking!